Summer's here and that means the 4 P's: Picnics, Potlucks, and Pool Parties!
I have a few staples that I like to make for summer get together's:
It's good to have a few signature dishes but I still like to experiment with new ones. So for the last few pool parties I hosted I made this delicious (and super easy!) Chicken Salad. Cubed poached chicken breasts are mixed with sour cream and a hint of mayo and sweetened with honey roasted almonds and dried cranberries. Serve on mini croissants and they are perfect for any picnic, pool party, or potluck this summer!
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 4-6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sliced honey roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- salt/pepper to taste
- mini croissants, for serving
- Place chicken breasts (sliced thin if too large or thick) in a medium saucepan and cover with chicken broth.
- Heat over medium and bring to a simmer. Poach until cooked through, approx 15-20 minutes.
- When chicken is done remove from broth and let cool on a cutting board.
- When cool to touch roughly chop and shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl mix together chicken, mayo, sour cream, almonds, cranberries, and salt and pepper to taste until blended.
- I like to serve on mini croissants. This recipe makes about 15 or 16 mini sandwiches.
- Pile onto a platter and watch them disappear at your next summer gathering!
Mix chicken with honey roasted sliced almonds and dried cranberries for texture and sweetness.
Add mayo, sour cream, and seasoning.
Refrigerate until you are ready to put on croissants and serve.
Serve a platter at your next party!Pin It Now!