Fall is finally here and I have got the perfect Fall inspired breakfast to get you going in the morning!
When you bake these Pumpkin Pie Nutella Muffins your whole house will smell like warm, fresh baked pumpkin pie! What a better way to start your day, right?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (approx.) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar.
- Beat in egg, vegetable oil, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps.
- Add a dollop (about 1 tsp or so) of Nutella onto the bottom of each muffin liner and spread to cover the bottom.
- Using a ice cream scoop or large spoon fill muffin tins to the top with pumpkin batter.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tsp of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the top of the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Adapted from http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/