Deviled Eggs are an often requested – and gobbled up- snack in our home! So today I decided to think out of the box and instead of making my kiddos the traditional deviled eggs I added a fun breakfast twist- cream cheese, egg, and bacon filling topped with a crunchy bacon and hash brown garnish!
My foodie family loved these Breakfast Lovers Deviled Eggs and so will you!
My girls had a messy fun time dyeing Easter eggs this year!
Now it’s time to use all those boiled eggs up!
Check out these egg recipe ideas on the blog here:
Breakfast Deviled Eggs
- 8 boiled eggs peeled
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded hash browns cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions diced
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
- Halve eggs and gently scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Place egg white halves on a serving plate.
- Add 1/2 of the bacon, green onions, cream cheese, mayo, mustard, and seasoning to the bowl with the yolks.
- Mix well with a fork, mashing all the ingredients together.
- Scoop the filling into each egg white half, mounding on top.
- Garnish eggs with remaining bacon and one or two pieces of crispy hash browns on each.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Start with 8 peeled boiled eggs.
As you can tell from our colorful eggs, these are Easter eggs!
Halve eggs and gently scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
Place egg white halves on a serving plate.
I cooked up bacon and shredded hash browns until crisp then drained and cooled before dicing.
Add 1/2 of the bacon, green onions, cream cheese, mayo,
mustard, and seasoning to the bowl with the yolks.
Mix well with a fork, mashing all the ingredients together.
Scoop the filling into each egg white half, mounding on top.
Garnish eggs with remaining bacon.
then add one or two pieces of crispy hash browns on each.
Chill until ready to serve then dig in!
These tasty bites do not last long in our home.
Creamy, crunchy, savory, and down right delish!
I love deviled eggs and these sound so yummy – I could easily devour several of those in one sitting!
How far ahead can these be made?
I prefer not to make these any earlier than the night before. They can get watery and runny if they sit for too long.
I made these for a brunch I attended recently. They were a big hit! I used Kroger tater rounds which are disc-shaped. I boiled & peeled eggs the night before. Then piped the filling in the morning. Added the taters and bacon just before serving. Fun little breakfast bites!
That sounds perfect!