Yesterday I shared my recipe for No Churn Carrot Cake Ice Cream and today I used that delicious ice cream, dipped it in chocolate, and made bonbons. These little balls of deliciousness are the perfect Easter treat to serve your little ones after Easter egg hunting this weekend!
- 1 cup Carrot Cake Ice Cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Easter themed sprinkles
- Scoop 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper lined plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm, about 6-7 hours.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
- Make a double boiler by placing the bowl on top of a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Now the fun part- hold each ice cream ball with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate over the top to cover.
- Hold over a plate and add some sprinkles then set back on the parchment lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining ice cream then place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
Happy Easter, friends!
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Parsnip Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Almond Peach Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Pastel Zebra Layer Cake from Nik Snacks
- Coconut Cream Cake from Miss in the Kitchen
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake from A Blender Mom
- Robin Egg Macarons from Big Bears Wife
- Jelly Bean Flower Cookies from The Decorated Cookie
- Piña Colada Biscotti from My Sweet Zepol
- Pistachio Cannolis from The Whimsy One
- Apple Blueberry Crisp from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pecan Praline French Toast Bake from Southern From Scratch
- Cadbury Caramel Cream Egg Creme Bruelee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Carrot Cake Donuts from Eat Move Make
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Pudding Trifles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- The Best Egg Custard Tarts from Comfortably Domestic
- Almond Apple Cheesecake Bars from Pint Sized Baker
- Creamy Blueberry Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
No Baked Desserts:
- Peanut Butter Pinwheels from The Domestic Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bonbons from For the Love of Food
- Malted Robins Egg Cheesecake Dip from Life’s Ambrosia