Yesterday I shared my recipe for No Churn Carrot Cake Ice Cream and today I used that delicious ice cream, dipped it in chocolate, and made bonbons. These little balls of deliciousness are the perfect Easter treat to serve your little ones after Easter egg hunting this weekend!
Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bonbons
- 1 cup Carrot Cake Ice Cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Easter themed sprinkles
- Scoop 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper lined plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm, about 6-7 hours.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
- Make a double boiler by placing the bowl on top of a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Now the fun part- hold each ice cream ball with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate over the top to cover.
- Hold over a plate and add some sprinkles then set back on the parchment lined plate.
- Repeat with remaining ice cream then place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Start with Carrot Cake Ice Cream.
Check out my easy no churn recipe here.
Scoop 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper lined plate.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm, about 6-7 hours.
In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
Make a double boiler by placing the bowl on top of a saucepan filled with 1 inch of water.
Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and stir until melted.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
hold each ice cream ball with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon chocolate
over the top to cover.
Hold over a plate and add some sprinkles then set back on the parchment lined plate.
Repeat with remaining ice cream then place back in the freezer until ready to serve.
These decadent bites will be a hit with the whole family at Easter brunch!
Happy Easter, friends!
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Parsnip Cupcakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Almond Peach Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Pastel Zebra Layer Cake from Nik Snacks
- Coconut Cream Cake from Miss in the Kitchen
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake from A Blender Mom
- Robin Egg Macarons from Big Bears Wife
- Jelly Bean Flower Cookies from The Decorated Cookie
- Piña Colada Biscotti from My Sweet Zepol
- Pistachio Cannolis from The Whimsy One
- Apple Blueberry Crisp from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pecan Praline French Toast Bake from Southern From Scratch
- Cadbury Caramel Cream Egg Creme Bruelee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Carrot Cake Donuts from Eat Move Make
- Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Pudding Trifles from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- The Best Egg Custard Tarts from Comfortably Domestic
- Almond Apple Cheesecake Bars from Pint Sized Baker
- Creamy Blueberry Pie from The Spiffy Cookie
No Baked Desserts:
- Peanut Butter Pinwheels from The Domestic Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Bonbons from For the Love of Food
- Malted Robins Egg Cheesecake Dip from Life’s Ambrosia
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from March 26th – April 1st at 12AM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Lemon Butterfly Cupcakes are my favorite
It's looking good and delicious so I will taste soon. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.