These days, with two little ones at home, my husband and I don’t attend many sporting events. But we still enjoying watching the games at home and cooking fun game day food for our friends and family who join us. Maybe we don’t tailgate, but we Homegate instead!
Today I am sharing the ultimate game day appetizer for all you hungry sports fans out there: Homegating Chili Cheese Tater Tot Dip. I made this easy baked dip with Wolf Brand Chili, tater tots, and two types of cheeses. There are so many delicious treats and eats I can come up with using Wolf Brand Chili and all of ConAgra Foods brands! From nachos to chili potato skins or just simply a big bowl of hot chili with all the toppings! I am also a big fan of Manwich– check out my Turkey Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole. How about Hebrew National hot dogs? It wouldn’t be game day without a juicy hot dog, right? I am thinking Guacamole Dogs for next week’s game!
My tummy is already growling!
What game day recipe ideas do you have? Comment below and let me know.
My husband, Mr Montana Outdoors-man, was super excited when I brought home cans of Wolf Brand Chili from the store this week. Apparently it brought back teenage camping memories for him! He always packed a few cans of Wolf Brand Chili when he’d go on camping trips and he’d cook it in the can (remove the label first) right over the fire. Then he would wash the can and use it again in the morning for cooking an egg for breakfast. Then, of course, he took it one step further, and he would cut the can and roll it out to use as a plate! Mr Resourceful that man of mine!
At least he has good taste in chili, right?
- 14 oz can Wolf Brand Chili (with or without beans)
- 5 cups frozen tater tots, about 65-70
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tbsp green onion, diced
- salt/pepper, to taste
- optional: tortilla chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread frozen tater tots out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until warm and crispy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add creamed cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook, stirring, over medium low heat until melted and combined.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the pie plate with tater tots, about 45.
- Using a spatula, pour the cheese mixture on top of the tots, spreading to cover.
- Now add the entire can of Wolf Brand Chili, spreading to cover the cheese.
- Using the remaining 25 or so tots, circle the edge of the pan.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup shredded cheddar on top of the tots.
- Place in the center of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with diced green onions.
- Serve warm with chips for dipping or dip with the tater tots on top!