For this Meatless Monday I made these tasty veggie filled club sandwiches inspired by McAlister’s Deli, one of my fave delis. This simple sandwich is loaded with fresh vegetables and a lick your fingers good Parmesan Peppercorn dressing. Once again, another delicious Meatless Monday meal where you don’t even miss the meat!
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 3 leaves of lettuce, cut in thirds
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread peppercorn dressing on one side of a slice of toasted bread.
- Top with lettuce, then avocado slices, then onions, then another piece of toasted bread.
- Add a slice of Cheddar then Swiss cheese.
- Next add roasted red peppers and cucumbers then sliced tomatoes and more lettuce and onions.
- Spread more peppercorn dressing on a piece of bread and place dressing side down on top of sandwich.
- Place 4 toothpicks in the sandwich, on the inside of each four corners of the sandwich (see pics).
- Using a bread knife slice in half then once more into triangles then lay the sandwich on it’s side.
- Serve with a side of Parmesan Peppercorn dressing.
I first tried this club sandwich at McAlister’s Deli. I wanted something different and this sandwich stood out to me. The Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing takes it over the top and the sandwich is so fresh and flavorful. Perfect for an easy dinner with the family.
Simply mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Delicious on any sandwich or salad!
Perfectly toasted bread ready to be made into the perfect club sandwich!
Lots of tasty veggie toppings!
To assemble: dressing, then lettuce, avocado, onion, bread, cheese, roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato, onions, dressing , and bread!
How to cut the sandwich: 4 toothpicks in all 4 sections then slice across (in a triangle) then across once more until you have 4 stacked triangles.
How pretty do these look?!
Serve with a side of Parmesan Peppercorn dressing and enjoy your meatless meal!