It’s no secret, life with kids is messy!
|My messy eaters!|
This little sponge cleans not only messy counters and sinks but also splatter stained doors, pen marked walls, and paint scuffed floorboards. I use it to wipe clean my dry erase boards, cleans the kid’s sneakers, and my Magic Eraser flawlessly cleans my daughter’s stained and food covered highchair in minutes.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
For the chocolate glaze:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour the bottom and side of a cake pan. I used a small bundt pan and a round cake pan for this recipe.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add butter and both white and brown sugar.
- Mix on medium speed until creamed and smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Pour in milk until combined.
- Finally add peanut butter and mix well.
- Turn off mixer and stir chocolate chips in gently by hand.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan/s, smoothing out the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a plate or cooling rack to completely cool before adding the glaze.
- After adding glaze sprinkle with peanut butter chips and serve.
For the glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl, add the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup.
- Microwave in 20 second intervals, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add hot water and stir until smooth.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour or drizzle the glaze over the cake (it should still sit on a cooling rack or plate).
- When the glaze stops dripping, place the cake onto a serving plate or cake stand.