- One head of cauliflower
- 6-8 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp butter, softened and diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Optional: pressed garlic or garlic powder
- salt/ pepper to taste
- chives, diced for garnish
- Clean and trim cauliflower, discarding the stem and leaves.
- Chop into chunks and place in a steamer or pot with water and a lid and steam until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add cauliflower into a food processor.
- Add butter and milk (I start with 4 tbsp milk and gradually add more if I want it creamier). Pulse until smooth.
- Add garlic now if using along with Parmesan cheese.
- Pulse to mix then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm garnished with diced chives.
- I served sauteed chicken on top of the mashed cauliflower with a green salad on the side. Delish!