- One package of whole, pitted dates (about 35)
- 1 package of maple bacon ( about 12 slices)
- 1/3 can of smoked almonds (35)
- 4oz block of soft Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a skillet half way, you want it not raw but still bendable (it will crisp in the oven).
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Pat with paper towels to remove grease and let cool.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds with kitchen shears.
- Dice the soft cheese into small bite size pieces.
- Slice each date open in the middle, being careful not to cut all the way in half.
- Stuff each date with a piece of cheese and a smoked almond.
- Wrap a 1/3 piece of bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick.
- Line wrapped dates on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking halfway through and tossing if needed. They should be soft and melted and coated in crispy bacon!