|Momma makes good burgers!|
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 lb ground brisket
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 brioche buns, buttered and toasted
- 1 cup macaroni and cheese (see my recipe here and do all steps but baking)
- Honey Whiskey Barbecue Sauce (recipe below)
- salt/pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Cook bacon on both sides in a skillet until partial cooked, not crisp.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Chop bacon into pieces and set aside.
- Form two 1/2 lb burger patties using 60% chuck and 40% brisket.
- Make a well in the center of patties and add bacon pieces.
- Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Mold the burger meat to cover the cheese and bacon.
- Brush both burgers with some Honey Whiskey BBQ Sauce and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place on a heated grill and cook to desired temp.
- Remove from grill, let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Place burger patty on a split toasted brioche bun, top with a heaping mound of macaroni and cheese, a healthy drizzle of warm BBQ sauce, and the top bun.
- Serve immediately with lots of napkins and enjoy!
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 15oz tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1-2 tbsp tomato paste (depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 3/4 cup Whiskey, I use Maker's Mark or Jack Daniels
- salt/black pepper
- Add onions, garlic, and whiskey to a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until onions have softened.
- Meanwhile mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add mixture to the pot with the onions, stir, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a strainer inside of a large bowl.
- Remove and discard the onions and garlic.
- Serve warm and refrigerate the leftover sauce.
Remove and discard the onions and garlic.