Last weekend we hosted our first Christmas Party. Of course, I couldn't just let it be a simple Christmas gathering so we called it Holiday Hoopla at The Hoods and asked everyone to wear their tacky Christmas sweaters. I knew about 25 people were coming and I was doing most of the cooking. When I cook for a crowd I always use my amazing crockpot! Saves me so much time and stress! I ended up borrowing 3 other crockpots and made Pineapple Baked Beans, Creamy Hot Chocolate, and of course
Rootbeer Pulled Pork.
I love this pork because it's got a great flavor and is super juicy with just 4 ingredients!
I cooked 2 4lb pork roasts for the party. I would say each roast shredded will feed about 10 people.
You can serve alone or on buns as sandwiches.
Crockpot Rootbeer Pulled Pork
- 1 4 lb pork tenderloin (or shoulder)
- 1 liter Root Beer – estimated
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 1 24 oz bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8-12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Trim all visible fat from the pork.
- Place the pork in the bottom of the crock pot. Poor rootbeer over until the meat is completely covered.
- Add the sliced onion on top.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, about 6 to 7 hours.
- When the meat is cooked through and it falls apart, drain half the root beer. (I leave some root beer to keep the pork moist).
- Using two forks, shred the pork into bite size pieces.
- You can choose to drain all the root beer and stir in the barbecue sauce or I like to serve the sauce on the side and let everyone add it themselves.
- Serve on hamburger buns (optional).
Pin It Now!