Last weekend we hosted our first Christmas Party. Of course, I couldn't just let it be a simple Christmas gathering so we called it Holiday Hoopla at The Hoods and asked everyone to wear their tacky Christmas sweaters. I knew about 25 people were coming and I was doing most of the cooking. When I cook for a crowd I always use my amazing crock-pot! Saves me so much time and stress! I ended up borrowing 3 other crock-pots and made Pineapple Baked Beans, Creamy Hot Chocolate, and of course BBQ Root Beer Pulled Pork.
I love this pork because it's got a great flavor and is super juicy with just 4 ingredients!
I cooked 2 4lb pork roasts for the party. I would say each roast shredded will feed about 10 people.
You can serve alone or on buns as sandwiches.
- 1 3-4 lb pork roast
- 1 liter Root Beer, approx.
- 1 large yellow onion – sliced (optional)
- 1 24 oz bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8-12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Trim all visible fat from the pork.
- Place the pork in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Poor root beer over until the meat is completely covered.
- Add the sliced onion on top (optional).
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, about 6 to 7 hours.
- When the meat is cooked through and it falls apart, drain most of the root beer. (I leave about 1/3 of the liquid to keep the pork moist).
- Using two forks, shred the pork into bite size pieces.
- Stir in the barbecue sauce and keep warm.
- Serve on hamburger buns (optional) with sliced pickles, onions, and extra barbecue sauce.
For this recipe you can use a pork roast or a pork tenderloin.
The shredded pork is delicious on sandwiches, in tacos, baked potatoes, you name it!
It doesn't get any easier than this!
Just poor the root beer on top.
You can add sliced onions too.
When the meat is cooked and tender, drain 3/4 of the root beer.
Leave some root beer to keep the pork moist.
Using two forks, shred the pork into bite size pieces.
Stir in the barbecue sauce and keep warm.Pin It Now!