- 3 lb bag of red potatoes
- 1/2 a package of bacon (approx 6-8 slices of bacon)
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- olive oil, to taste (approx 1-3 tbsp)
- salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cut potatoes into 4th or 8ths depending on their size. You want them to be bite size.
- Place potatoes in a large pot filled with salted cold water and bring to a boil over med high heat.
- Boil until a fork can pierce the potatoes easily, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large bowl.
- While the potatoes cook, cook bacon until crisp. Reserve 1 tbsp on bacon fat in pan.
- Drain and chop bacon.
- Add diced onion to the warm bacon fat in the pan (I like to use a cast iron) and cook over medium until softened.
- Add bacon and cooked onions to the potatoes in the bowl and toss.
- Finally sprinkle with green onions, blue cheese, salt and pepper, and olive oil (start with one tablespoon and add more if needed) and gently mix.
- Delicious served warm or room temp. Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!