How fun is this April Fool’s Day breakfast egg prank?!
My kids love all the silly tricks we do on April 1st so this year I thought of a new one to really fool them. I served “sunny side up eggs” for breakfast, two different ways!
Scroll down for the easy recipe and find out if my girls fell for my sneaky prank.
April Fool's Day Breakfast Egg Prank- 2 Ways!
- 2 canned apricot halves drained
- 2 canned peach halves drained
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Cool Whip thawed
- 1 tsp chia seeds for topping (optional)
For the apricot "eggs":
- Start with thawed but still cold and not runny Cool Whip. Add a couple dollops of Cool Whip to the center of a small plate.
- Using a spoon spread to make a circular shape. It does not need to be perfect just as a regular egg is usually not a perfect circle. This will be your egg white.
- Top with one apricot, cut side down, in the center as the egg yolk.
- Repeat with the remaining Cool Whip and cut apricot half.
For the peach "eggs":
- Add a 1/2 cup yogurt to the center of a small plate and spread to make a circle.
- Add a peach half, cut side down, to the center of the yogurt.
- Repeat with the remaining yogurt and peach.
- Optional- sprinkle on chia seeds as pretend pepper.
- Serve the "sunny side up eggs" as a breakfast treat . Happy April Fool's Day!
You can make this recipe one of two ways.
Peaches with yogurt or apricots with Cool Whip.
Scroll down to see which was our favorite!
For the apricot “eggs”:
Start with thawed but still cold and not runny Cool Whip. Add a couple dollops of Cool Whip to the center of a small plate.
Using a spoon spread to make a circular shape. It does not need to be perfect just as a regular egg is usually not a perfect circle.
This will be your egg white. Top with one apricot, cut side down, in the center as the egg yolk.
For the peach “eggs”:
Add a 1/2 cup yogurt to the center of a small plate and spread to make a circle.
Add a peach half, cut side down, to the center of the yogurt.
Ashton had the idea to add “pepper” so we added a sprinkling of chia seeds on top of the peach egg dish.
Serve the “sunny side up eggs” as a breakfast treat.
I even left one in the skillet so it really resembled an egg.
They definitely preferred the Cool Whip and apricot the best, as you can see from the clean plate.
The yogurt and peach was larger and I didn’t think it looked as believable . But I just told them it was a turkey egg and they shrugged and dug in!
In the end, they were curious but not totally convinced! But overall it was funny and tasty so I consider that a winning prank!
This is going to be a delish April fool prank. A memorable prank for life.
Thank you for sharing your April Fool’s Day breakfast egg prank recipe. It sounds like a lot of fun and I can’t wait to try it out with my own family. I appreciate how easy the recipe is to follow and how creative it is to use different ingredients to make it look like a real egg. Your step-by-step instructions and photos were very helpful and made it easy for me to understand how to make it.
This is awesome and looks fun to do with the kids! Thank you
What a neat and cute idea! I’ve never heard of an April fools day egg recipe! Learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing!
This is so much fun! I can’t wait to do this with my daughter, lol so much fun…
What a fantastic idea! I now am going to try this to prank my kids as they love April Fool’s jokes and often get me
Wow, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing your idea. Love this so much