Barbecue Bacon Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 large yellow onion Vadalia, diced
- 4 oz mushrooms diced
- 1 garlic clove pressed or diced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 slices uncooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a saute pan over medium and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add diced onions and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic clove and mushrooms, along with more olive oil if needed. Saute for another 5-10 minutes until it's darkened and softened then add salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground pork, chopped bacon, onion mixture, shredded cheese, beaten egg, panko, Worcestershire, and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Form into a large loaf and place in a large greased baking dish.
- Spread the top with remaining 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Bake for an hour then remove from the oven, slice and serve warm.
Sauté sweet onions in olive oil then add garlic and chopped mushrooms.
Cook the onions and mushrooms until softened and dark.
When you add softened onions and mushrooms to the meat mixture they not only add a delicious flavor and texture they also keep your meatloaf moist!
We are a barbecue lovin’ family! Our fridge is always stocked with at least three different BBQ sauces.
Use your favorite for this recipe. I used the Jack Daniel’s Spicy BBQ for a nice kick to go with the sweet onion and savory bacon.
Form into a large loaf and place in a baking dish.
Spread the remaining BBQ sauce on top of the meatloaf then bake for about an hour.
Bubbly and delicious, right out of the oven!
The BBQ Sauce forms a flavorful crust while the inside is moist and savory!