Smoked Salmon Dip is a classic appetizer inspired by two of my favorite brunch items- smoked salmon and cream cheese.
This creamy dip is perfect for serving with bagels for brunch or as an appetizing spread on a charcuterie platter.
We originally made this recipe for our monthly Cookbook Club at the local library.
I served it on a brunch themed charcuterie tray and it was a hit!
Welcome to #BrunchWeek!
This event has been around for over 7 years. It’s a fun way to share our love for all things brunch related to help celebrate Mother’s Day! We have 11 bloggers sharing over 30 recipes this year! That’s 30 plus delicious recipes to help celebrate mothers, family, and friends. If you’re putting together a brunch, then you’ll appreciate all the variety this event offers!
From cocktails to baked goods and even sandwiches, there’s something for everyone.
Brunch Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- salt/black pepper to taste
- 1 cup smoked salmon roughly chopped
- bagels pitas, and chopped veggies, for dipping
- Add cream cheese and half and half to a mixing bowl.
- Using a mixer, whip for 2 minutes or until lightly whipped and combined.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, chives, capers, and salt and pepper to the cream cheese mix.
- Mix for another minute until it is all incorporated.
- Add the chopped salmon to the cream cheese, carefully folding in with a spatula.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve: Serve in a bowl on a charcuterie platter with pita chips and sliced veggies or with a plate of sliced bagels for spreading.
This recipe is inspired by my fave brunch meal- smoked salmon, cream cheese, and bagels.
I originally made this recipe for my monthly Cookbook Club.
The cookbook was Stunning Spreads by Chrissie Nelson Rotko and it is filled with amazing recipes for charcuterie platters.
Add cream cheese and half and half to a mixing bowl.
Using a mixer, whip for 2 minutes or until lightly whipped and combined.
Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, chives, capers, and salt and pepper to the cream cheese mix.
I love that this recipe adds capers (or salty peas as my kids call them). They are the perfect addition to the creamy dip!
Mix for another minute until it is all incorporated.
I used two packages of smoked salmon to get 1 full cup. Then I roughly chopped it into pieces.
Add the chopped salmon to the cream cheese, carefully folding in with a spatula.
Cover and chill until ready to serve.
To serve: Serve in a bowl on a charcuterie platter with pita chips and sliced veggies or with a plate of sliced bagels for spreading.
Here are today’s #BrunchWeek recipes:
- Smoked Salmon Dip from For the Love of Food
- Verde Mary from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
It was a success making this dip! And guess what? Its my new favorite. Thank you
Your smoked salmon dip recipe is an absolute game-changer! I tried it at my latest brunch party and it was a huge hit with everyone. The combination of cream cheese and salmon is just heavenly. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe with us.
I never had Salmon Dip! I can imagine how delicious this dip is, I can’t wait to try this out.
This looks so delicious and perfect for a gathering when ,y sister comes to town! Pinning this yummy recipe next 😉 Thanks for sharing!
Yum!! A perfect spread for Mother’s Day or any spring gathering..sounds so delicious! Even spread on a bagel or sandwich would be divine 😀