It’s a snow day here and my kiddos are begging to be entertained!
Luckily I had a quick food craft set up for them (that doubles as breakfast too).
We first made these DIY Snowman Donuts at a local Christmas event at our fire station and I loved how they created easy winter favorites, like reindeer and snowmen, out of donuts. Since it is cold and sometimes snowy here I thought the snowman donut would be perfect- and it was!
DIY Snowman Donuts
Makes 4 Snowman
- 4 white glazed donuts
- 4 white powdered donut holes
- black or brown tube icing
- red tube icing
- 8 colored M&M's candies
- Add donut hole to the center of the large glazed donut to make the snowman head.
- Using the red icing draw a red circle around the donut hole and then two diagonal lines on the side of the circle to make a red scarf.
- Now pipe on two black dots (and a smile too if you'd like) in the center of the donut hole with the black icing for the eyes.
- Add 2 more dots of icing in a vertical line in the center of the glazed donut then press on two M&M's candies for buttons.
- Time to eat and enjoy!
Donuts for breakfast on a snow day at home!
But first let’s have some fun…
Add the donut hole to the center of the large glazed donut to make the snowman head.
Use icing to make a red scarf and eyes and a mouth.
Add 2 more dots of icing in a vertical line in the center of the glazed donut
then press on two M&M’s candies for buttons.
Time to eat and enjoy!
The girls loved their specials treat and this quick craft!
Happy Snow Day! Stay warm, friends.