Fall flavors are my favorite and I admit I am a sucker for Pumpkin Spice!
I decided to make this ooey gooey marshmallow treat for Christmas gifts this year.
I spotted these marshmallows in the holiday baking display at the grocery store and since I am on a pumpkin kick I instantly threw a bag (or two…) in my cart. These things are super addictive and make a tasty snack and hot chocolate topper but I knew I wanted to do more with them….then BAM it hit me! POPCORN BALLS! Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Balls are easy, fun, and knock your socks off good!
*Can’t find Pumpkin Spice marshmallows at your store? They are limited edition and may not be available everywhere. Try a different holiday flavor instead!
Festive Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Balls
Makes 10-12 popcorn balls
- 8 cups microwave popped popcorn- 1 3 ounce bag
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 8-10 ounce bag Pumpkin Spice or your choice marshmallows
- cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows, turn down heat, and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Pour marshmallow mix over popcorn and mix well. I use a rubber spatula coated in cooking spray to stir.
- Coat hands with cooking spray and and shape popcorn into balls, place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet to dry.
- Wrap in colorful plastic wrap, tie with a ribbon, and give as festive gifts!
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and reduce heat.
Stir until melted and smooth.
Pour over a large bowl of popped popcorn.
Using a rubber spatula coated in cooking spray mix the popcorn until covered in the melted marshmallow.
Coat your hands with cooking spray and roll into 10-12 balls, placing on a
baking sheet to harden and dry for a couple minutes.
Don’t forget the cooking spray! It really helps things not be so sticky!
Can’t find Pumpkin Spice marshmallows? Use holiday marshmallows instead.
But do realize (I didn’t, duh) when the marshmallows melt the green and red combine to make a milky pink color! HAHA….still tasty!
Don’t forget the pretty presentation: wrap in colorful plastic wrap, tie with ribbon, and bundle in tissue paper with a gift tag.
A simple yet delicious gift!
Leave a Reply