Our favorite young wizard celebrates a birthday this month on July 31st!
To celebrate we made a frosty twist on the classic beverage from the books, Harry Potter Frozen Butterbeer.
What is Butterbeer in Harry Potter?
Butterbeer was a popular wizarding beverage described as tasting “a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch”.
It was served at numerous locations in the wizarding world and had a very slight alcoholic content.
Students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry would often buy it when visiting Hogsmeade.
All dressed up for Harry Potter parties and movie day!
Harry Potter Frozen Butterbeer
- 2-3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cream soda
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- whipped cream for topping
- caramel or butterscotch sauce for topping
- Start by adding ice cream, ice cubes, and cream soda to a blender.
- Add in creamy peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large milkshake mug.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel or butterscotch sauce.
Start by adding ice cream, ice cubes, and cream soda to a blender.
Add in creamy peanut butter and blend until smooth.
This makes enough for one large milkshake mug or glass.
I like to make homemade whipped cream with brown sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream.
Pour into glass and top with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel or butterscotch, and a straw!
My silly Harry Potter fans loved their frozen treat!
For the past few years we have been lucky enough to attend a fun Harry Potter Birthday Bash at our local Army Library at Ft Leonardwood, MO.
We never say no to a good photo op!
Games and crafts galore! We still have the flag banner on display at home!