It’s almost Easter time and I wanted to create a fun dessert with my daughter featuring one of our favorite Easter treats: Peeps Marshmallow Bunnies!
We came up with these Peeps Easter Bunny Pudding Cups and I love how these cute dessert turned out. We took them over to Ava’s friend’s house and they all enjoyed the Peep Easter Bunny and eating the chocolate cake “dirt”, the pudding and coconut “grass”, and finding the hidden Easter egg candies.
Scroll down to enter the What the Peep? Giveaway and check out 13 other fun Peeps recipes too!
Scroll down for a giveaway!
- 8 Peeps Bunnies, multiple colors
- Chocolate cake mix
- 1 oz pkg instant Pistachio flavored pudding
- 32 Mini Robin Eggs chocolate candies
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- Easter themed sprinkles, optional
- Bake the chocolate cake, I made mine the night before. I made 2 round 8 inch cakes and used one for this recipe and I frosted and served the other.
- Prepare pudding according to package instructions and place in the fridge to chill.
- Once cooled, use a fork and crumble the 8 inch cake in the pan.
- Pour the cake crumbles into a bowl and set aside.
- Add shredded coconut to a baggie or bowl and add 2 drops of green food coloring. Stir until the coconut is bright green.
- To assemble the pudding cups, start with small clear drink cups.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of cake crumbles to each cup then two Robin Egg candies on each.
- Add another spoonful or two of cake and then few Robin Egg candies.
- Top with a couple spoonfuls of green pudding. Smooth out and cover the cake.
- Sprinkle with green coconut and add a few Easter themed sprinkles if you’d like. I had bunny and carrot shaped sprinkles that looked super cute.
- Finally, top each cup with a Peep Bunny. I used 4 different color Peeps to top my different pudding cups.
- Serve right away if you can or chill until serving.