These Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect birthday treat.
I made them recently for a friend’s bday and I love how they turned out!
I found many versions of this recipe online but most only used 1/4 of the box of Funfetti mix.
I decided to use the whole boxed mix and the result was a thick and chewy cake-like treat that still had the crispy crunch and marshmallow sweetness that I love from a traditional Rice Krispies Treat!
Birthday Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix the dry cake mix, not prepared into a batter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1.75 oz. container of rainbow sprinkles (I split half traditional rainbow sprinkles and half rainbow nonpareils)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or pot over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix until it is combined.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a greased baking dish (I used 9X13) and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Simply melt butter in a deep pot (I used a pasta pot) over medium low heat.
Add marshmallows to the melted butter.
Here’s a tip: spray your spoon (or I prefer a rubber spatula) with cooking spray so the sticky marshmallows does not stick when you stir.
Stir until the marshmallow is almost fully melted.
Add the whole box of dry Funfetti cake batter mix.
Stir, making sure to completely combine all dry batter into the marshmallow mixture.
Finally, add 6 cups of Rice Crispie cereal and mix well. Then add half the bottle of sprinkles.
Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray on the bottom and sides and spread the Rice Crispie Mix into the dish, pressing and forming evenly into the pan.
I like to add two different types of sprinkles so next I add 1/3 to 1/2 a bottle of nonpareils sprinkles on top and regular sprinkles in the batter.
They melt right in.
Let cool for about 30 minutes then cut into squares.
These cake like treats are chewy and crunchy and absolutely delicious!
The perfect birthday treat!
Cut into brownie size squares or more bite size small bites. It’s up to you!
My sweet baby girl Ava celebrating my birthday with me!
Stay tuned for pics of my 30th Bday Pajama Party 🙂
My husband, the Breakfast King, made me a delicious Birthday Breakfast and bought me this adorable sign for my kitchen. I am such a lucky lady!
My kids love these this time of year, thanks for sharing i had forgot how to make these…