It’s finally cooling down here in Louisiana so my hubby and I decided to break out our “big daddy” grill and make some tasty grilled meals this weekend.
I am a huge fan of Potato Skins and this is what inspired these Cheesy Bacon Grilled Apples.
Use any crunchy apple, but I like tart Granny Smith apples.
My hubby grilling up something mouth watering!
Ashton’s signature grilled ribs and my macaroni souffle.
Makes 4 appetizer servings
- 2 large apples, cored and sliced thickly
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Toss sliced apples in a bowl with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Cook apples on a hot grill.
- Flip after a couple minutes and sprinkle with toppings.
- Cover apples and grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Core and thickly slice 2 large apples.
Toss apples in a bowl with lemon juice to prevent browning.
sliced green onions, shredded cheese, and crispy chopped bacon
Cook apples on a hot grill.
Flip after a couple minutes and sprinkle with toppings.
Cover apples and grill until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Oh yeah! Bacony, cheesey, crunchy, and delicious!
Hot off the grill!
Ashton’s chicken is the bomb!
I served the apples with grilled corn and teriyaki chicken.
Can’t wait to heat up the grill again next weekend and create another tasty meal!