This quick and easy soup recipe tastes just like your favorite Chinese restaurant version but made at home in minutes!
The whole family will enjoy this delicious, comforting soup.
Restaurant Style Egg Drop Soup
- 32 oz box 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 green onions diced
- Add broth to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/4 tsp ginger (add up to 1/2 tsp if you'd like).
- In a small bowl mix together water and cornstarch until smooth then stir into the boiling broth.
- Slowly pour in your beaten eggs into the broth, stirring continuously.
- Continue to whisk until all eggs are added in.
- Stir in green onions and pour into bowls to serve.
Add broth to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Whisk in 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1/4 tsp ginger.
In a small bowl mix together water and cornstarch until smooth.
Stir the slurry into the boiling broth.
Add four eggs to a bowl and beat with a whisk until combined.
Now slowly pour your eggs into the broth, stirring continuously.
Continue to whisk until all the eggs are added.
Sprinkle in green onions.
Scoop into bowls and serve warm.