Chocolate Saltine Toffee is the perfect sweet and salty holiday treat to make for gift giving this Christmas season!
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020!
Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Chocolate Saltine Toffee
- 1 sleeve 30-40 saltine crackers (or more if needed)
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the entire bottom of the cookie sheet with crackers.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- When butter is melted stir in brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and stir and heat for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour the toffee mixture over crackers, spreading to cover the crackers completely.
- Put the sheet in the oven and bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips all over on top of the crackers.
- Let sit for a couple minutes for the chocolate to melt , then spread the smooth, melted chocolate over the cracker layer.
- Let the pan cool slightly then place in the fridge to harden.
- When it's cooled and hard, remove from the pan and break into pieces.
- Wrap up in bags as gifts or serve on a platter at parties.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Line the entire bottom of a cookie sheet with crackers.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat.
When the butter is melted, stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil and stir and heat for 3 minutes.
Immediately pour the toffee mixture over the crackers.
Spread to cover the crackers completely.
Bake for 4 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Let sit for a couple minutes for the chocolate to melt , then spread the smooth, melted chocolate over the cracker layer.
Place in the fridge to harden.
When it’s cooled and hardened remove from the pan and break into pieces.
Wrap up in bags for gifts or serve on a platter for a party treat.
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Candy and Fudge Recipes
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Hard Cinnamon Candy by Blogghetti
Oreo Balls by The Mandatory Mooch
Papaya Halwa by Palatable Pastime
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by An Affair from the Heart
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Chocolate Saltine Toffee by For the Love of Food
Christmas Snack Board by Love & Confections
Christmas Tree Krispie Treats by Sweet Beginnings
Hot Chocolate cookies by Christmas Tree Lane
Lemon Olive Oil Sugar Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies [Vegan & Allergy-Friendly] by Bear & Bug Eats
Gingerbread House by House of Nash Eats
Gingerbread Layer Cake by The Redhead Baker
Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie by A Little Fish in the Kitchen