Makes 20-24 cupcakes
- 1 box cinnamon or yellow cake mix
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- 8 ounce Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (add more to batter if you want it crunchy!)
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, water, and 5 tbsp butter.
- In a separate bowl mix together cinnamon sugar and brown sugar.
- Stir the cinnamon-brown sugar mix into the cupcake mixture.
- Next add raisins and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Mix together until combined.
- Line 20-24 cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- For the frosting: in a large bowl mix together Philadelphia cream cheese, powdered sugar, 5 tbsp butter, and vanilla.
- Mix until creamy and thick.
- In a small skillet toast remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans for a minute until fragrant and golden.
- Cool cupcakes, then ice with the cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of toasted pecans.
Check out my cupcake recipes from this week and then scroll down to enter our local giveaway to win a Jumbo Cupcake Cake from ShayShay’s Cupcakes!
Watch my cooking video for Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes!