Hey, hey, hey it’s my birthday! I picked up some birthday freebies this week from my fave shops and restaurants including a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. That reminded me of the delicious Krispy Kreme bread pudding from Lulu’s in Destin, FL that I enjoyed during one of my trips home. So instead of a birthday cake this year I made my own Copycat Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding! This rich dessert is made with chopped up glazed donuts and custard and served warm with whipped cream. If you have a sweet tooth like my family, you’ll love this sinful dessert!
Sign up for Krispy Kreme rewards and get a free dozen donuts on your birthday!
The original Krispy Kreme bread pudding at Lulu’s.
Fun memories at Krispy Kreme!
My girls love watching the assembly line and getting a free donut sample when we visit.
Copycat Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
- 1 dozen glazed donuts about 10 cups, chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins optional
- whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chopped donuts into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour on top of the donuts and mix to coat well.
- If you are adding raisins sprinkle them on and mix in.
- Let sit and soak for 10 minutes.
- Coat a 9x9 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Pour the donuts and custard in the dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Slice into squares, top with whipped cream if you'd like, and serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Start with one dozen glazed donuts. Obliviously I like Krispy Kreme! A day or two old works best for bread pudding.
Chop up the donuts into 6-8 pieces per donut. You should have about 10 cups.
Add chopped donuts to a large bowl.
In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Mix well until no clumps remain.
Pour on top of the donuts.
It looks so good already!
Mix to coat well.
How simple was that?!
If you are adding raisins sprinkle them on and mix in.
Let sit and soak for 10 minutes.
Coat a 9×9 baking dish with non stick spray.
Pour the donuts and custard in the dish and spread out evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Slice into squares, top with whipped cream if you’d like, and serve warm.
Store leftovers in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days.
Thanks for the birthday treats Krispy Kreme!