Nothing is better, in my opinion, on a cold day or night than a hearty bowl of chili! To make it even easier, I cook it in my Crock-Pot. This veggie chili is packed with beans, garlic, peppers, onions, and carrots but I added sweet potatoes, chipotle powder, and cinnamon to top it off! Hearty and delicious with a little sweet and a little spicy kick. Bonus: the aroma in your kitchen while this cooks is mouth-watering! It doesn’t get any better than that, y’all!
- 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper or 4-5 sweet mini peppers, cored and diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/2 to 1 tsp each)
Recommended toppings: sliced avocado, shredded cheese, diced onions, and sour cream.
Serve with a side of toasted buttered cheese bread.
- Add all 4 cans of drained beans to a large Crock-Pot.
- Top with all the chopped veggies.
- Finally add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and spices.
- Mix well and cover.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
Chop and dice or cube all veggies.
I use 4 different varieties of beans in this recipe. You can use which ever beans you like but I am a fan of these four! Make sure to rinse and drain before adding to the Crock-Pot.
4 types of beans are the base of this tasty veggie chili.
Top with all your chopped veggies.
I love the mix of savory, spicy, and sweet! Chipotle and Cinnamon give this chili a depth of flavor and unexpected aroma and mix of sweet and spice.
Add the tomato sauce, crushed tomato, garlic, and spices.
Add toppings of your choice and serve with crusty cheese bread for dipping. Enjoy!