Nothing is better, in my opinion, on a cold day or night than a hearty bowl of chili! To make it even easier, I cook it in my Crock-Pot. This veggie chili is packed with beans, garlic, peppers, onions, and carrots but I added sweet potatoes, chipotle powder, and cinnamon to top it off! Hearty and delicious with a little sweet and a little spicy kick. Bonus: the aroma in your kitchen while this cooks is mouth-watering! It doesn’t get any better than that, y’all!
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can great northern beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper or 4-5 sweet mini peppers cored and diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 to 1 tsp each)
- Recommended toppings: sliced avocado, shredded cheese, diced onions, and sour cream.
- Add all 4 cans of drained beans to a large Crock-Pot.
- Top with all the chopped veggies.
- Finally add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic, and spices.
- Mix well and cover.
- Cook for 8 hours on low.
- Scoop into bowls, add toppings, and serve warm.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Chop and dice or cube all veggies.
I use 4 different varieties of beans in this recipe. You can use which ever beans you like but I am a fan of these four! Make sure to rinse and drain before adding to the Crock-Pot.
4 types of beans are the base of this tasty veggie chili.
Top with all your chopped veggies.
I love the mix of savory, spicy, and sweet! Chipotle and Cinnamon give this chili a depth of flavor and unexpected aroma and mix of sweet and spice.
Add the tomato sauce, crushed tomato, garlic, and spices.
Add toppings of your choice and serve with crusty cheese bread for dipping. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply