I found this recipe in an old copy of Redbook magazine and knew I had to try it!
The only Blondies I have ever had were sinfully sweet and covered in caramel so this version, with white chocolate chips, salty pistachios, and tart dried cranberries sounded To Die For! I baked a batch to send to Ashton in a care package (in a jar of course!) and to my parents for an early Valentine’s treat …and I saved a couple for me too!
I must say, they are Blissfully Delicious! Hope you enjoy my Blissful Blondies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick plus 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups shelled pistachios, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, butter, and salt until combined.
- Stir in vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Next, stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl.
- Finally stir in 1 cup of cranberries, 3/4 cup of pistachios, and 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into pan and smooth top.
- Scatter remaining 1/2 cup cranberries and 1/2 cup pistachios.
- Bake until set but still moist, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and return to oven for about 1 minute.
- Cool, cut into bars, and serve warm or room temp.
Recipe from Redbook magazine.
Mix sugars, butter, and salt until combined.
Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
Now add dry ingredients slowly to the bowl: flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
Finally stir in 1 cup cranberries, 3/4 cup pistachios, and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
Spread into a greased baking dish (I also did a few in mason jars to seal and send to Ashton overseas!).
Top with remaining 1/2 cup cranberries and 1/2 cup pistachios.
Bake at 350 degrees until set but still moist, about 25 minutes.
Golden and delicious but one final touch!
Sprinkle your remaining 1/2 cup white chocolate chips over the hot Blondie and place back in the oven
for 1 minute.
Let cool then cut into bars. Serve warm or at room temp.
One bit of these treats and you will agree: they are Blissfully Delicious Blondies!
These look delicious! I mus try it I do blondies as well but yours are so much better cos your ingredients are a bit different to mine but will keep you informed how it turns out ok