Woohoo! Boy, do I love cupcakes and I am excited to announce that we have teamed up with ShayShay’s Cupcakes here in Leesville to have a Cupcake Giveaway! Scroll down to the entry form below and complete the 3 required steps and you will be entered to WIN a DOZEN CUPCAKES of your CHOICE!
To kick off our cupcake giveaway I thought I would share my recipe for a fun twist on a milkshake: a Cupcake Milkshake! I used my red velvet mini cupcakes leftover from my post yesterday on Red Velvet Cake in a Jar. I top my milkshake with pillowy Chocolate Whipped Cream and it is to die for! Enjoy!
Makes 2 16oz milkshakes
- 6 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk will make it the creamiest and richest)
- 5-6 mini unfrosted cupcakes (or 2 regular size), your choice of flavor
- For my Red Velvet Cake recipe click here
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup (half a pint) of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar (or you can sub brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- For the whipped cream: Place your mixing bowl and beater in the freezer until you are ready to make your whipped cream.
- Pour all 3 ingredients into the cold mixing bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
- Refridgerate until ready to use.
- For the Milkshake: in a blender combine ice cream, milk, and cupcakes (you may have to do this in batches depending on the size and strength of your blender).
- Mix and pulse until creamy. I do not completely liquify as I like creaminess and some texture of the cupcake to still be present.
- Pour into cold glasses and top with Chocolate Whipped Cream.
- For a fun touch, if you have any mini cupcakes left you can frost them and push a straw through them and add one on each glass!
I am on a cupcake kick this last week. These gorgeous cupcakes from ShayShay’s Cupcakes were what I used for Ava’s Cake Smash Birthday Pics! Rich chocolate cake with creamy white chocolate frosting! The ladies at ShayShay’s sure do know how to bake up a ton of flavor in a small little cake! Be sure to enter the contest below and visit them on Facebook >>> here <<<
My mini red velvet cupcakes are too cute!
I added cinnamon-sugar frosting to half as a garnish for the Milkshake!
Find the Red Velvet Cake recipe here
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream: simply add heavy cream,
powdered sugar, and cocoa powder to a cold mixing bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks form.
A few simple ingredients mixed together make a seriously delicious shake!
Throw into a blender, mix until you get the consistency you want (I like it a little chunky!), and pour into a cold glass.
Top with mounds of Chocolate Whipped Cream and garnish with a frosted mini cupcake (simply push through your straw).
Are you ready to enter to win a dozen free custom
cupcakes from ShayShay’s Cupcakes?