This past Easter we decided to cook dinner at home with our family and close friends instead of eating out.
It was a bittersweet gathering, as we were moving to Louisiana the next day. My Dad roasted a succulent ham, Connie brought her famous cheese dip, Mom made sauteed brussel sprouts and pear salad and I made creamy mashed potatoes, beet and orange salad, and (my favorite) Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Scallops.
Grandma, Michael, and of course my new hubby Ashton were also there to enjoy the festive meal and say their goodbyes. The best way to end such an amazing meal? We’ll Miss You Italian Cream Cake! Yum!~
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Scallops
- 12 jumbo sea scallops, cut in half
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 12 strips of bacon
- Toss the scallops with enough teriyaki marinade to cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wrap each scallop half with half a slice of bacon and wrap fully around.
- Thread a toothpick through the bacon and scallop to secure. Brush with a bit more of the teriyaki marinade, then place in the oven on a broiler pan.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the scallops are firm and the bacon is fully cooked.
* If you want the bacon crispier, cook it half way in a frying pan then drain, cool, cut in half, and wrap around scallop then bake.
Serve warm as an appetizer. Makes 24 servings.
A plate of deliciousness!
Connie and Ashton hamming it up for the camera!
Some of my favorite people: Mom, Gma, Ashton, and his best friend, Michael.
My wonderful parents.
My Dad is the BEST at making a juicy ham!
Italian Cream Cake for dessert!
Michael liked it so much he ate it with the serving spatula!
Connie and Me.
The boys relaxing after a hearty meal.
Before our big move we had the pleasure of attending the Doggie Easter Egg Hunt at the Fort Walton Beach Landing. With our two dogs and my parents four dogs, we definitely had our hands full but what a fun day!
Charlie cooling down in a puppy pool.
Dylan making a paw print painting.
Charlie and his Dad!
The Beagle Bunny 🙂
Easter Egg hunt time! We found lots of tasty treats for the pups!
Dog treats in each egg!
My parents and their dog pack!
Happy Easter 2012!