Since last weekend we celebrated my husband Ashton’s first Father’s Day I wanted to feature another one of his recipes today. My darling Ashton is the master of the grill and also the master of smoothies! He comes up with all sorts of fun combos and some of the guys at work have even offered to pay him to make them smoothies! His favorite (and mine too!) is his PB&J Smoothie. This simple combo of frozen strawberries and crunchy peanut butter with a banana and yogurt thrown in for texture is the perfect cool treat for a hot summer day!
- 2 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup vanilla or strawberry yogurt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- whipped cream, optional
- 2 sliced strawberries, for garnish
- 2 small peanut butter cookies, for garnish
- Add frozen strawberries, yogurt, peanut butter, milk, and banana to a blender and blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour into 2 cups and top with whipped cream (optional) and garnish with sliced strawberry and a small peanut butter cookie.