You choose a “Cooking Style” such as the traditional Court Bouillon (seasoned vegetable broth) or Coq Au Vin (Burgundy wine infused with mushrooms). See the recipe for the spicy citrus Voodoo Cooking Style below.
Next you choose the individual entrée you would like or an entrée combination, such as French Quarter or Pacific Rim. The entrée is served with a unlimited bowl of veggies and an array of sauces. See below for the recipes for my favorite, Green Goddess sauce and zippy Island Sauce.
The Melting Pot has also recently introduced The Four Course Fondue Experience. With this selection, you get to try everything (who wouldn’t love this?!). Perfect for a foodie like me or a special occasion or even if it’s your first time trying fondue!
View the entire menu on www.meltingpot.com
For Voodoo Cooking Style:
- 5 1/2 cups warm water
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons blackened seasoning Paul Prudhommes' Blackened Redfish Magic recommended
For Green Goddess Dipping Sauce:
- 3/4 cup cubed softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
For Island Sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Voodoo Cooking Style:
- Whisk water, orange juice, lime juice, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and blackened seasoning in a bowl until combined.
- Pour into fondue pot and bring to a rapid simmer over medium high heat.
- Thread a piece of meat or vegetable on a fondue fork.
- Cook in the broth to the desired degree of doneness (usually around 2 minutes for meat).
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Whisk the cream cheese, milk, sour cream, parsley, chives, and onion in a bowl until combined.
- You may also beat with an electric mixer or a hand-held mixer for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Chill, covered, until serving time.
- Makes 2 cups
- Combine the marmalade, lime juice, garlic, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder and black pepper in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Makes 3/4 cup