It’s fall y’all and that means it’s time for PumpkinWeek! Let’s kick it off with a bang with these Frosted Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies.
These soft cake cookies are made by combining butter pecan cake mix and pumpkin puree. I add pecans for crunch and top with a brown sugar glaze.
The result is a delicious fall inspired treat!
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. All week-long 13 bloggers will be sharing over 40 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
Frosted Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 box Butter Pecan cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pecans chopped
For the Frosting :
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all cookie ingredients in a large bowl, making sure to incorporate all the dry cake mix into the batter.
- Scoop balls (I use a small ice cream scoop) onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes then remove to a rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
To prepare frosting:
- Add brown sugar and milk to a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Bring to a boil then cook for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add butter and whisk until melted. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Whisk until smooth then let cool.
- I like to dip the top of my cookies in the frosting, swirl around, then lift up and let it set on a rack before serving.
Mix all cookie ingredients in a large bowl.
Make sure to incorporate all the dry cake mix into the batter.
Scoop balls (I use a small ice cream scoop) onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 14 minutes at 350 degrees then remove to a rack to cool.
Repeat with remaining dough.
For the frosting: add brown sugar and milk to a small saucepan over medium low heat.
Bring to a boil then cook for two minutes, stirring continuously.
Add butter and whisk until melted.
Remove from heat and add powdered sugar a 1/2 cup at a time.
Whisk until smooth then let cool.
When the cookies are completely cooled you can top them with frosting.
I like to dip the top of my cookies in the glaze frosting, swirl around, then lift up.
Let the frosting glaze set with the cookies on a rack before serving.
More #PumpkinWeek Recipes Below:
- Pumpkin Chai Latte from Our Good Life
Breakfast and Breads
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls with Maple Cinnamon Butter from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Oat Streusel Muffins from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Yellow Pumpkin Crumpets (Serabu Labu Kuning) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Mains, Salads, and Sides
- Pumpkin and Beet Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Beef Stew from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese Ravioli with Pecan and Sage Brown Butter Sauce from The Spiffy Cookie
- Frosted Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies from For the Love of Food Blog
- Pumpkin Boston Cream Pie from The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Toffee Crunch Cake from Eat Move Make
Did you miss a recipe? Head to the Pinterest board to find all the #PumpkinWeek recipes shared this week.