Here is my final recipe in the Saucy Mama Recipe Contest.
What a blast I’ve had trying out their six new gourmet sauces!
For the final recipe I knew I wanted to make a burger. But not just any burger….a Gourmet Steak Burger made with Kobe beef and topped with Balsamic Bacon Jam, Havarti Cheese, and a Fried Egg.
Enter to win a Saucy Mama Gourmet Sauce Pack below!
Gourmet Steak Burgers with Bacon Jam and Fried Egg
Makes 2 servings
- 1 lb ground Kobe or type steak beef
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Bacon Jam
- 2 Brioche Rolls sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat grill over medium.
- Form ground beef into two thick burger patties.
- Pour 1/4 cup Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette in a bowl and brush some on the burgers.
- Place patties on grill and cook until at desired temp, basting again with Vinaigrette on the other side.
- Since these are thick burgers I grill for about 8 minutes on each side until about medium temp.
- Top with a slice of cheese on each patty during the last minute or two of grilling.
- Bring burgers inside, covered and let rest for a moment.
- Meanwhile cook 2 eggs, sunny side up adding salt and pepper on top to taste. (You can use a biscuit or round cookie cutter to get a perfectly round egg)
- To assemble burgers: place cheeseburger patty on bottom sliced Brioche bun, top with 2 tbsp of Balsamic Bacon Jam, and then fried egg, and finally the top bun.
- Bring your appetite and serve warm with Buffalo Blue Cheese Grilled Corn on the Cob on the side.
I used Saucy Mama Four Leaf Balsamic Vinaigrette twice in this recipe.
Once for basting the burgers on both sides and then again in the Balsamic Bacon Jam.
I used ground Kobe Beef for these gourmet burgers. Any good quality ground steak will work but make sure it has some fat so it will still be juicy.
Form the ground beef into two large 1/2 lb patties. Brush with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Place on grill over medium heat and cook about 8 minutes on each side, basting again with the Vinaigrette.
Dad, the King of the Grill, cooking the burgers and corn like a pro!
My Dad sprays water on the grill to keep the fire down and create steam.
Top the burgers each with a slice of Havarti cheese during the last minute or two of grilling.
Meanwhile, cook two eggs sunny side up and season with salt and pepper. You can shape into a perfect circle using a round cooking cutter if you’d like.
I use bakery fresh Brioche (or similar egg bread) for these gourmet burgers.
Place cheeseburger patties on the sliced Brioche buns then top with a couple tbsp of Balsamic Bacon Jam.
Top with a sunny side up fried egg.
Seriously, the BEST burger ever!
Messy but good!
Ashton loved the Gourmet burger just as much as I did! We served it with Mom’s Baked Beans and Buffalo Blue Cheese Grilled Corn on the Cob.