Last year for New Year’s Eve in Missouri we had a snow day at home. To come up with a fun surprise for the kids I made this Hot Cocoa New Year’s Eve Countdown Board .
All ingredients, including the cute hot cocoa bomb snowmen, are from Aldi! It only took a few minutes to assemble and it turned out so cute!
This kid friendly treat doubles as a fun countdown activity to celebrate New Year’s Eve at home !
Check out the video below to see our countdown.
Hot Cocoa New Year's Eve Countdown Board
- 2 hot chocolate bombs
- 3 cups popcorn I used bagged kettle corn
- chocolate covered pretzels I used 6 jumbo
- 1 large marshmallow pop
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- assorted chocolate candies and mints I like Andes Mints and Ferrero Rocher
- mugs of warm milk and spoons for serving
- Start by covering the bottom of a large platter or tray with a mixture of popcorn and mini marshmallows.
- Now add your hot cocoa bombs on top in the center of the platter. I used 2 because I have 2 kids. You can adjust and add as many as you want!
- Now arrange remaining toppings like jumbo coated pretzels and assorted chocolates and mints all over.
- Finally add a jumbo marshmallow pop (or make your own with a jumbo marshmallow and a cake pop stick).
- For your countdown have the marshmallow positioned pointing towards the top (like a clock hand at 12).
- Serve with mugs of warm milk and spoons for mixing in the cocoa bombs and toppings and enjoy!
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
I found all these fun treats at Aldi. The snowman cocoa bombs are my favorite!
Ready for our “Noon Years Eve” afternoon countdown!
Happy New Year!
Be sure to watch our video above to see our countdown!
I love your hot cocoa New Year’s Eve countdown board! It’s so cute and creative. My daughter has been into hot cocoa this season because she loves the hot chocolate scene from The Polar Express. She’ll love this!