As a lifelong hot chocolate fan, I have long been on a search for the perfect cup of hot cocoa.
After many, many delicious recipes and countless taste tests I am happy to share that I have finally created the BEST Decadent Hot Chocolate inspired
by our Christmas favorite, Polar Express!
“We drank hot cocoa as thick and rich as melted chocolate bars.” — Chris in Polar Express
I make my recipe in a slowcooker but you can also make on the stove top.
This extra rich holiday drink makes enough for a crowd so it’s perfect for parties, move nights, potlucks, and snow days!
Scroll down for the recipe and our favorite Polar Express memories!
Even our elf Jingle likes Polar Express! Check out the Elf on the Shelf Hot Chocolate Station we set up last year!
Polar Express night at school was so fun! We wore PJs, watched the movie, and played themed games!
Love making Christmas memories with my girls every year.
Polar Express Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 140 z can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Start by adding 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup cocoa powder to a slowcooker.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining 4 cups milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Stir well and cook over low for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally so the chocolate doesn't clump on the bottom.
- It's ready when it is completely melted, smooth, and hot.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Polar Express is a classic we read and watch every year!
This recipe makes the ultimate decadent and delicious hot cocoa!
Start by adding 2 cups of milk to a slowcooker.
Add in 1/2 cup cocoa powder.
Whisk to combine.
Add the remaining 4 cups milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
Stir well and cook over low for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
It’s ready when it is completely melted, smooth, and hot.
Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
This recipe makes approx. 8 large mugs full of hot chocolate!
Enjoy a warm mug of chocolate while you cuddle up for Polar Express movie night!
“Just remember, the true Spirit Of Christmas lies in your heart.” — Santa in Polar Express