Who doesn’t love a mug full of creamy decadent Hot Chocolate? But, of course, I wanted to go above and beyond this Valentine’s Day so I made a Hot Pink Hot Chocolate and then deck it out with a homemade shortbread cookie, heart shaped marshmallows, and sprinkles! Check out this easy recipe below and have a delicious and decadent Valentine’s Day!
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- red or pink food coloring (or I used Rose icing color)
- toppings such as marshmallows, whipped cream, sprinkles, and cookies
- In a medium saucepan warm milk over medium.
- Whisk in white chocolate chips and stir until melted. Be careful not to let the milk boil or it will scald.
- Turn off heat and mix in vanilla and then food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Serve immediately in mugs with your choice of toppings.
Add milk to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
Once melted completely, remove from heat and mix in vanilla.
Now add your color! I used Rose Icing Color found in the baking aisle at Michaels Craft Store. You can also use red or pink food coloring, I have seen neon food coloring at Wal-Mart.
So pretty and festive! Perfect for Valentine’s Day (even if it kinda looks like Pepto Bismol!)
Icing color is thicker than food coloring so it just takes a smidge to color the whole saucepan of chocolate. I use icing color to tint my whipped cream also!
Toppings galore make this truly “decked out”! I used heart shaped marshmallows, Valentine’s sprinkles and a fun ‘side of the cup’ shortbread cookie I baked using my new cookie cutter from World Market.
The white chocolate is a milder sweet flavor in my opinion compared to traditional rich dark chocolate but still absolutely delicious and the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!