This Thanksgiving only a small group of us got together but we still cooked up a feast!
After all, two of my family’s favorite things to do are cooking and eating together! My Mama made this delicious side,
Jack Daniels Whiskey Corn Pudding to go with Dad’s Fried Turkey and my creamy Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Salad and I could not get enough! Also don’t you just love recipes that you mix everything together in a baking dish and pop right in the oven?! It can’t get any easier than that!
2 of 3 Thanksgiving posts
Recipe from www.twirlandtaste.com
Jack Daniels Whiskey Corn Pudding
Makes 8 servings
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1/2 cup half/half
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 15.25-ounce cans whole kernel white corn
- 2 14.75-ounce cans cream-style white corn
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add half/half and beat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, adding the corn last.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for one hour or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Mom and I cooking up a storm on Thanksgiving Day!
Dad carving his Fried Turkey
My Gma meeting baby Ava for the first time.
Check out the adorable blanket Gma knitted for Ava!
Gma didn’t want to put Ava down!
Once cooked does the whiskey cook out? It sounds amazing but can I give it to my toddler?
Hi! Yes, it does cook out but you can always omit the whiskey!