Since I have started cutting carbs and sugars during these last two months of my pregnancy, I have come across so many delicious low carb alternative recipes. Lettuce wraps are a fun favorite of mine and for a recent Superbowl party I decided to try the new Cauliflower bread trend. I was sent a huge assortment of Dofino cheeses from Houseparty so I decided to triple load these Cauliflower Breadsticks with my favorite: Gouda! They were the hit of the party and no one even knew they were cauliflower and not bread!
Team Gouda all the way!
Makes 10-12 breadsticks
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, chopped (about 2 -2 1/2 cups)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups of Gouda cheese, shredded (I used Dofino Smoked Cracked Peppercorn Gouda)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- marinara sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a steamer and steam until softened and fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until the texture of rice.
- This step is optional but makes for a sturdier crust: place cauliflower in a hand towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add cauliflower to a bowl. Then add in eggs, 2 cups of shredded Gouda, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour onto a lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
- Bake the crust for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Gouda cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping (optional).
NOTE: This recipe can also be used as a Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe!
Add 1/2 a head of chopped cauliflower to a steamer and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until almost smooth and the texture of rice.
Any cheese works with this recipe ( I love Mozzarella and Cheddar too) but I used Dofino Smoked Cracked Peppercorn Gouda…and I used a whole lot of it.
Add cauliflower to a bowl. Then add in eggs, 2 cups of shredded Gouda,
oregano, garlic and salt and pepper.
Stir until combined.
Pour onto a lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
Bake the crust for about 25 minutes or until golden.
I know this already looks amazing but it’s time for…you guessed it…more cheese!
Sprinkle on another cup of shredded Gouda.
Oh yeah this is gonna be good!
Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe can also be used as a Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
Slice into breadsticks and serve warm with marinara sauce on the side.
We had quite the Superbowl party food spread (including my Football Shaped Gouda and Pecan Cheeseball) but these breadsticks were easily the favorite!
Honestly, I wasn’t too into the game. But the food won in the end and that’s what mattered to me!
Go Team Gouda! Stay tuned for my Superbowl Party Recap later this week….