My friends and Mom recently threw me a sweet baby shower and went above and beyond to make it special. To show my gratitude I wanted to make them a sweet treat as a thank you. Usually I bake a gift but this time I decided to make a popcorn snack mix. Since it is St Patrick’s Day soon I chose a green “lucky” theme and even found cute labels to show my friends how lucky I am to have them in my life! This St Patrick’s Popcorn Mix is sweet and salty and a tasty treat for the whole family. My toddler loved helping me make the mix and fill the jars too. I love when she can help me in the kitchen! Even better there was some left over for us to enjoy too!
"Lucky To Have You" St Patrick's Day Popcorn Mix
Makes 2 Large Mason Jars
- 1 bag of microwave kettle corn
- 1 cup white chocolate chips separated
- food coloring of choice I used neon green and traditional green
- 1 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows save the cereal for breakfast!
- 1 bag 1.75oz of Sixlets green candies (or similar)
- Microwave bag of popcorn according to package directions, usually about 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread out popped popcorn to cool on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of melt chocolate chips to two bowls (1 cup total).
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave. I heated for 1 minute at 70% power then stirred and heated again for 15 seconds until it was smooth and melted.
- Add different shades food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir until you get your desired shade. I used neon green (3-4 drops) and traditional dark green (4 drops).
- Using a spoon, drizzle both colors of white chocolate over popcorn.
- Sprinkle on marshmallows and sixlets green candies.
- Allow chocolate to harden then scoop into the jars.
- Seal jars, add labels, and tie with a ribbon.
- Present to your friends as a sweet (literally!) thank you!
- Bonus! There's about a 1/2 cup or so left over for you to enjoy too!
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Microwave bag of popcorn according to package directions.
Spread out popped popcorn to cool on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet.
Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of melt chocolate chips to two bowls (1 cup total).
Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave. I heated for 1 minute at 70% power then stirred and heated again for 15 seconds until it was smooth and melted.
Add different shades food coloring to the melted chocolate and stir until you get your desired shade.
I used neon green (3-4 drops) and traditional dark green (4 drops).
Using a spoon, drizzle both colors of white chocolate over popcorn.
Ava helped me separate the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms cereal (and snuck a few marshmallows herself I’m sure).
You can use any green candy but I just love
these shimmering green Sixlets (found in the baking aisle at Walmart).
Sprinkle on 1 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows (I used St Paddy’s Edition).
Then top the popcorn mix with 1 package of green Sixlets.
Let chocolate harden then scoop into jars.
I found these adorable free label printables that say “I’m Lucky To Have You” here.
I made the front “Just Popped By To Say Thank You!” labels for the jar using Avery‘s free design site and printable labels.
I love mason jars and use them often for gifts, drinks, holding crafts, bottling sauces, and even making layered salads.
I used 2 large single mason jars with screw on lids (found at Michael’s Craft Store) for these popcorn gifts.
Fill the jars to the very top with the popcorn mix.
Top with the lid and screw on.
Add your printable labels on the lid and the front of the jar.
The last step is to add a ribbon and tie into a bow.
The perfect festive St Patrick’s Day gift for all your friends.
I would choose the Plum color. Thanks for the giveaway – super excited! And those Lucky Charms definitely made it into Rice Krispy-style treats in my house last weekend. SO fun and festive!
love the shadow
I would choose the red one!