Homemade Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy recipe made in the CrockPot with just 7 basic ingredients and a few minutes of prep time.
Make this tangy, messy but good childhood favorite for dinner tonight!
CrockPot Sloppy Joes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 onion grated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt/ white pepper to taste
- sliced and toasted buns for serving
- oil for saute
- Heat a swirl of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling, until browned and cooked through.
- Drain any grease then transfer the meat to the Crock-Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients 7 ingredients including seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for about 3 hours.
- To serve: scoop your sloppy joe onto toasted burger buns and serve warm.
Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned then drain and add to a CrockPot.
I tried to make this recipe as simple as possible, with just 7 ingredients!
You can prep it in just a few minutes then add to your slow cooker. Easy peasy!
Add the remaining ingredients 7 ingredients including seasonings. I like to add 1/2 tsp atleast of white pepper and the same up to 1 tsp of salt.
I also use fresh minced garlic but you could substitute garlic powder.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (preferred) or high for about 3 hours.
Hot and ready to eat. Give it a stir then it’s ready to serve!
To serve: scoop your sloppy joe onto toasted burger buns and serve warm.
Delicious and finger lickin’ good!