Homemade Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy recipe made in the CrockPot with just 7 basic ingredients and a few minutes of prep time.
Make this tangy, messy but good childhood favorite for dinner tonight!
CrockPot Sloppy Joes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 onion grated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt/ white pepper to taste
- sliced and toasted buns for serving
- oil for saute
- Heat a swirl of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling, until browned and cooked through.
- Drain any grease then transfer the meat to the Crock-Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients 7 ingredients including seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for about 3 hours.
- To serve: scoop your sloppy joe onto toasted burger buns and serve warm.
Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned then drain and add to a CrockPot.
I tried to make this recipe as simple as possible, with just 7 ingredients!
You can prep it in just a few minutes then add to your slow cooker. Easy peasy!
Add the remaining ingredients 7 ingredients including seasonings. I like to add 1/2 tsp atleast of white pepper and the same up to 1 tsp of salt.
I also use fresh minced garlic but you could substitute garlic powder.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (preferred) or high for about 3 hours.
Hot and ready to eat. Give it a stir then it’s ready to serve!
To serve: scoop your sloppy joe onto toasted burger buns and serve warm.
Delicious and finger lickin’ good!
Crockpot dishes are so amazing. I’m trying this recipe soon.
Oh my goodness. These look so tasty.
Would you believe my kids have never tried sloppy joes? Adding it to the list of summer plans 😉
Looks good! I love sloppy joes. Since I got the crockpot, I can make it a lot easier.