Happy Cupcake Lovers Day!
We sure are missing Disney since being in quarantine!
So of course, we decided to make Disney World inspired Mickey Mouse Sprinkles Cupcakes to enjoy during this sweet food holiday!
Scroll down for all the participating bloggers cupcake recipes!
Mickey Mouse Sprinkles Cupcakes
- 2 dozen any flavor cupcakes baked and cooled
- 16 oz jar white frosting divided
- red food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- 20 z red sugar sprinkles
- 3 oz Mickey Mouse sprinkles
- 3.5 oz bag Oreo minis cookies
- Separate the frosting into two small bowls.
- Add approx 7 drops of red food coloring (more if you want it brighter) to one bowl and yellow food coloring to the other bowl of frosting.
- Stir well until combined.
- Spread half the cooled cupcakes with yellow frosting and half with the red frosting.
- Pour both sprinkles onto two small plates then press the top of the red frosted cupcakes into the red sprinkles until the top is fully covered.
- Place on a plate and repeat with remaining red cupcakes.
- For the yellow frosted cupcakes, press them into the Mickey Mouse sprinkles and coat the entire tops.
- Now to add the ears! Break open the mini Oreos and insert both flat circles side by side into the top of each cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy! Wrap up leftover and serve within 2 days.
I used a boxed pineapple cake mix for these cupcakes but you could always make them homemade!
I thought yellow was a good Mickey color. Red or black (chocolate) would fitting too.
Separate the frosting into two small bowls.
Add approx 7 drops of red food coloring (more if you want it brighter) to one bowl and yellow food coloring to the other bowl of frosting.
Stir well until combined.
Spread half the cooled cupcakes with yellow frosting and half with the red frosting.
I like to smooth the frosting on the top and sides of the cupcakes. This way the sprinkles stick and coat all over.
I used two different colors and kinds of sprinkles for these cupcakes.
Mickey colors are red, yellow, and black so any of those colors work.
I went with red sugar sprinkles and multi colored Mickey Mouse sprinkles from Sweets and Treats.
Pour both sprinkles onto two small plates then press the top of the red frosted cupcakes into the red sprinkles until the top is fully covered.
For the yellow frosted cupcakes, press them into the Mickey Mouse sprinkles and coat the entire tops.
Now to add the ears! Break open the mini Oreos and insert both flat circles side by side into the top of each cupcake.
Serve and enjoy! Happy Cupcake Lovers Day!
These fun cupcakes were perfect for my Disney loving family!
They would also be a sweet treat for a Mickey themed party!
The girls were just a little excited. Can’t you tell?!
Cupcakes for Cupcake Lovers Day!
Hosted by Valentina | The Baking Fairy
Vegan German Chocolate Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcakes by Our Crafty Mom
Black Forest Cupcakes by FoodTrails25
Buttermilk Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Cream by One Sweet Appetite
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
Coffee Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Easy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes by The Urben Life
Fiori Di Sicilia + Elderflower Cupcakes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Gingerbread Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Maple Vanilla Cupcakes by UpBeet Kitchen
Mickey Mouse Sprinkles Cupcakes by For The Love of Food
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes by Join Us, Pull Up A Chair
Poblano Cornbread Muffins with Goat Cheese Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
Sourdough Strawberry Cupcakes by Our Good Life
Vanilla Bean Buttercream Cupcakes by Red Cottage
Valentina | The Baking Fairy
These cupcakes are so fun! I bet your girls had a great time helping you decorate them. The Mickey Mouse decorations are adorable!
These are adorable! My toddler would love them!
Heather | Join Us, Pull up a Chair
How fun are these cupcakes! I love all the color and they totally make me think of Disney.
Allison | Up Beet Kitchen
Oh my, those cupcakes are just too cute!
I’m sure these were a huge hit! Cute sprinkle combo!