Happy Birthday to my amazing husband Ashton!
Last week we celebrated my husband’s birthday before he left for a 3 week long field training. Same as last year, he requested I make his favorite ~messy but good~ burger. So I went all out: I bought ground sirloin steak, fresh spicy jalapeno, crunchy peanut butter, and thick sliced pepper jack cheese.
It may sounds crazy but I will admit this burger combination is dang good (but be sure to have lots of napkins handy, it’s a messy one)! Try it yourself and let me know in the comments what you thought!
- 12-16 oz ground Angus sirloin
- 2 slices Pepper jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (chunky or smooth, your choice)
- 2 toasted and buttered buns
- seasoning of your choice for the burger
- Split the burger meat in half and form into two large burger patties.
- Coat on both sides with seasoning blend of your choice.
- Cook in a hot skillet or grill pan coated with non stick spray.
- Cook burger patties to desired doneness (Ashton likes his med rare).
- I cook the burger for a few minutes over med high heat then flip then add peanut butter first as the glue then add sliced jalapenos and after a minute of cooking add cheese to hold everything together. I then add a lid and steam the burger to melt the cheese. Then they are ready to serve.
- Finally, butter and toast the buns in the grill pan and let them soak up the burger juices.
- Add hot messy burgers to toasted buns and serve with your favorite side dish. I served ours with buffalo battered cauliflower. Yum!
heat will melt the peanut butter and make it nice and drippy and gooey
and it will act as a glue to hold the jalapeno slices in place.
too if you don’t want the spicy juices on your fingers). The seeds are
where the spice is at so they are a lot easier to handle (and eat) if you take
since my hubby loves anything and everything spicy!