Cold salads are an often made dish during the summer months and this Poppyseed Bacon and Apple Coleslaw has become a staple picnic and potluck side dish for me. It is fresh, crunchy, tart and sweet- just how a coleslaw should be! I have been a fan of Poppyseed Dressing since my Uncle Dickie introduced me to it for topping salad many moons ago. This Saucy Mama version is just like I like it- sweet and creamy. It’s great as a dressing but also as a dip!
Poppyseed Bacon and Apple Coleslaw
- 3 Granny Smith apples cored and julienne sliced
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 12 oz bottle Saucy Mama Poppyseed dressing
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- Julienne apples with a knife or a mandoline.
- Place in a large bowl and add lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Add coleslaw mix, green onions, and Poppyseed dressing. Mix everything together and refrigerate until ready to serve (I like to let the flavors come together overnight).
- Add bacon, sprinkled on top, right before serving so it stays crisp.