Cold salads are an often made dish during the summer months and this Poppyseed Bacon and Apple Coleslaw has become a staple picnic and potluck side dish for me. It is fresh, crunchy, tart and sweet- just how a coleslaw should be!
I have been a fan of Poppyseed Dressing since my Uncle Dickie introduced me to it for topping salad many moons ago. This Saucy Mama version is just like I like it- sweet and creamy. It’s great as a dressing but also as a dip!
Poppyseed Bacon and Apple Coleslaw
- 3 Granny Smith apples cored and julienne sliced
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 12 oz bottle Saucy Mama Poppyseed dressing
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- Julienne apples with a knife or a mandoline.
- Place in a large bowl and add lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Add coleslaw mix, green onions, and Poppyseed dressing. Mix everything together and refrigerate until ready to serve (I like to let the flavors come together overnight).
- Add bacon, sprinkled on top, right before serving so it stays crisp.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
Core apples and then slice into julienne strips.
Or if you have a mandoline you can use that too!
Add apples to a large bowl and mix in lemon juice.
Toss to coat to keep the apples from browning.
Add coleslaw mix and green onions.
This Poppyseed Dressing is the bomb.com!
Ava loves dipping fruit, especially apples and strawberries, into
Saucy Mama’s Poppyseed Dressing.
Pour in Poppyseed Dressing and stir.
Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Add chopped bacon right before serving (you can mix in or just sprinkle on top).
This way it stays nice and crispy.
I served this coleslaw with my Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Stuffed with Sweet Heat Ribs.
Another Saucy Mama creation!
Leave a Reply