Here’s another tasty recipe creation I made for the Saucy Mama Recipe Contest. In the end, I decided to enter my Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Stuffed with Sweet Heat Ribs in the contest instead but this recipe was a close second! It’s a fun take on chicken salad but baked in a pie shell and topped with cheese! Like a quiche, you just mix all the ingredients together and bake! It was a delicious, simple week night dinner for my family and a recipe I am sure I will create again and again.
Honey Dijon Chicken Salad Pie
- 9 inch premade pie crust thawed
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded (I use boneless, skinless chicken poached in chicken broth)
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup honey roasted almonds sliced or slivered
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 3/4 cup Saucy Mama Honey Dijon dressing
- 1/4 cup mayo I like Duke's
- 1/4 cup cream cheese spread or Whipped variety
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese I like Cheddar or Mixed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all pie ingredients. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread into a thawed pie crust on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the pie.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let the pie rest for a few minutes before cutting.
- Slice and serve warm.
Did you make this Recipe?Tag @flchefnicole or hashtag #fortheloveoffoodblog
You can cook your chicken any way you would like but I prefer poaching skinless chicken breasts in a pot of simmering chicken broth. Let boil until it pulls apart easily and is cooked through.
Remove the chicken to a cutting board and chop or shred.
Or one of my favorite shortcuts is to add the chicken to a food
processor and it will shred it in seconds!
The sauce base of this recipe is Saucy Mama’s Honey Dijon Dressing, Duke’s Mayonnaise, and cream cheese.
Three of my very favorites!
In a large bowl, combine all pie ingredients. Mix well and season.
Spread into a thawed pie crust on top of a baking sheet.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over the pie.
Bake 5-10 minutes more until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
Take out of the oven and let the pie rest/cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Slice and serve warm.
Enjoy this Southern Honey Dijon Chicken Salad Pie for dinner tonight!
Very nice post. Thanks
Do you enjoy experimenting with recipes? Here's a great recipe for a delicious Chicken Dijon meal we doctored from a recipe from a magazine supplement to our local newspaper.
John N. Crain
This Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is anything but difficult to make. It is additionally an incredible approach to ensure you get your prescribed every day servings of vegetables. This formula will make two pies. You can eat one now and stop one for some other time. Protein