I have never been a big coffee drinker (except for the occasional Pumpkin Spice Latte, of course!) so when I would go to the coffee shop with my parents when I was young I would always order an Italian Cream Soda. These fun drinks are fizzy and sweet and the perfect cool iced drink on a hot day! I love making them at home because they remind me of my childhood and summer time in Florida. I am partial to Raspberry or Vanilla flavor but truly anything is good (Orange Creamsicle, maybe?). Be indulgent and top your version with whipped cream and don’t forget the pink straw!
- 3 parts Club Soda
- 1 part Half and Half
- 2 tbsp Raspberry (or your choice of) Flavoring Syrup
- Whipped cream, optional
- Add ice to fill half the glass.
- Using the measurements (adjust according to taste) three parts club soda to one part half and half.
- Finally add 2 tbsp raspberry syrup.
- Stir, add a colorful straw, top with whipped cream, and sip away!
I have these fun flower ice cube trays from IKEA I like to use for my drinks at home.
You can find the flavoring syrup at most grocery stores in the coffee aisle.
Specialty stores like World Market carry the whole line of flavors.
Add ice, club soda, and half and half.
Add two tablespoons of flavoring. I chose Raspberry.
Stir and enjoy!
Doesn’t this look refreshing?
Go decadent and add freshly made whipped cream and sprinkles!