I originally made this recipe for my as a Mother’s Day brunch for my Mom on Mother’s Day. I was on a cream cheese kick during the Real Women of Philadelphia cooking contest that I participated in two years in a row. Then as a member of the recipe sharing site Just a Pinch, they chose this recipe as a Blue Ribbon winner.
I thought I would share this recipe today during Valentine’s week since it is a decedent and delicious meal perfect for your sweetheart! Whether you serve it as a romantic brunch or even a chocolate- lovers dessert this is sure to be a hit with your special someone this Valentine’s!
The pictures on this post are from the Just a Pinch site.
Makes 4-5 servings
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups waffle mix
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 bottle red food coloring (approx 25 drops)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- Heat up waffle maker. Mix waffle mix and eggs, water, and oil according to pkg instructions.
Great data for Allah God
I’m loving the breakfast food kick you’re on! Waffles (with fried chicken, if available) is my favorite go-to breakfast. I just picked up red velvet emulsion too! I think I could add that to these.