I decided to post my favorite oyster recipe today in honor of Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras. These Gulf Coast oysters are plump and juicy and by topping them with cream cheese, bacon, spinach, and Parmesan they are turned into a creamy, rich, and super delicious appetizer. Also, as you may know, oysters are an aphrodisiac so this is also a perfect Valentine’s Day recipe!
Make this seafood delight tonight- you’ll be glad you did!
Gulf Coast Oysters Rockefeller
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon drained and diced
- 12 oysters on the half shell
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a long sheet of aluminum foil and crumple around edges.
- In a saute pan add garlic, olive oil and spinach and saute until spinach wilts.
- Turn heat down to low and mix in bacon, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, and softened cream cheese.
- Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour bread crumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and melted butter into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Remove oysters gently from the shell with a knife.
- Rinse oysters and shells and place shells on the aluminum lined baking sheet.
- Place oysters back inside each clean shell then top with a spoonful of cheese filling and a scoop of the breadcrumb topping.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges on the side.