One of my favorite quick and easy dinners is make your own pizza night.
I always have mini pizza crusts and tomato pizza sauce stocked in my pantry and we just go from there. Usually we search through the fridge and use up the veggies and toppings we have. That is how I came up with this Veggie Thai Peanut Pizza. My husband is a peanut butter fanatic so I thought using peanut butter as the base instead of tomato sauce would be interesting and then I added toppings I had on hand that would go with the Thai Peanut theme.
Voila! A delicious pizza was created!
Veggie Thai Peanut Pizza
Makes 2 servings, 3 mini pizzas split
- 3 Mini Pizza Crusts I use Mama Mary's brand
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter warmed (I use creamy)
- 1/3 cup baby carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup green onions diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- dash or 1/8 tsp Chinese 5 spice seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Ginger seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeno sliced or diced (seeded optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted shelled peanuts crushed
- 2 tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime sliced as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a small skillet over medium, add a tsp or two of olive oil then add shallots.
- Cook for a couple minutes, stirring until crispy and golden. Season with ginger and Five Spice. Remove from heat.
- Warm the peanut butter in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds so it is runny and easy to spread.
- Place all three pizza crusts on a large baking sheet.
- Brush thoroughly with olive oil, including the crusts.
- Now spread warm peanut butter all over the center of the crusts.
- Top with the crispy seasoned shallots, carrots, green onions, and jalapenos.
- Lastly sprinkle with peanuts.
- Place in the oven, turn down the heat to 425 degrees, and bake for 8-12 minutes until crusts are golden.
- Remove from oven, slice each pizza into fourths, and top with chopped cilantro.
I serve a lime on the side so you can add a nice pop of citrus to the pizza right before eating!
I like to use Mama Mary’s brand personal pizza size crusts.
super thin and the perfect texture and length.
I really like to use shallots in my dishes, especially Asian inspired meals.
I saute the shallots with oil until they crisp up and then season them with fragrant Chinese five spice and ginger.
Make sure you brush the entire crust with olive oil first
and then top with a sauce so the crust doesn’t dry out.
I warm the peanut butter in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds
so it is more liquid and smooth and easier to spread.
Top the peanut butter with crispy shallots.
Add all additional toppings: carrots, green onions, and sliced or diced jalapenos.
Grind dry roasted peanuts in a food processor until chopped finely.
Turn the oven down to 425 degrees and bake for about 10 -12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Hot out of the oven- top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Squeeze juice from a slice of lime on top of the pizza right before serving.
Slightly spicy with creaminess, crunch, and great flavor!
Hope you enjoy my Veggie Thai Peanut Pizza!
I also made another version of veggie pizzas with traditional
tomato pizza sauce, spinach, olives, onions, and mushrooms.
Pizza night is different every time. Have fun with creating fun and delicious combinations!