It’s that time of year again! Fall is here and it is finally October. You know what that means, right? Halloween! Ava and I have so much fun making treats for Halloween especially for her friends in music class. I am always trying to think of non-candy options for the kids along with savory Halloween themed recipes for our October gatherings with friends.
Well, I think I found the answers folks! I have a new appetizer recipe to share and a non candy treat alternative from Wendy’s that only costs $1 and supports a great cause!
This Halloween we are going to give Ava’s friends and the trick or treaters in our neighborhood coupons for a Wendy’s Frosty® instead of candy. That’s right, now through
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/4 tsp each)
- smoked paprika, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- In a large food processor, add all ingredients (except garnishes).
- Blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle on smoked paprika.
- Using a squeeze bottle (or a plastic storage baggie with corner cut off) add sour cream spiderweb design on top.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with chips and veggies on the side for dipping.
Adapted from http://www.edibleperspective.com
Bean sure to rinse and drain your beans well before adding to the food processor.
Add in one large garlic clove, pressed.
Pour in water, lime juice, and olive oil.
Now add the seasonings: cumin and salt and pepper.
Now blend until smooth.
Pour into a bowl.
Garnish with smoked paprika.
Add sour cream to a squeeze bottle.
Add a spiderweb design on top of the dip with the sour cream.
I like to add a plastic spider for fun too!
I found these cute corn chips at the grocery store.
They are perfect for dipping in my Spooky Spiderweb Black Bean Dip.
It’s truly Spook-tacular (sorry I couldn’t help myself)!
Mommy-daughter dates often include a stop for a treat
like Wendy’s Junior Frosty® for Ava and a Green Tea with strawberries for me!
I love my sweet girls!
Instead of handing out candy this Halloween,
consider purchasing a Wendy’s Halloween Coupon Book!
All opinions are 100% mine.