No matter how you top off this casserole it is peppery, creamy, and a Southern breakfast favorite!
1 sweet Vidalia (or large yellow) onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large, deep skillet cook crumbled sausage over medium heat until browned.
- Drain all grease except about 1 tsp. and add diced onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pot heat milk over medium low heat and whisk in flour.
- Cook and constantly stir for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Then add cream cheese and stir until melted and well combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I love me some pepper so I add lots of cracked black pepper!
- Pour sausage mixture into gravy and mix well.
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish, then spread out flat sheet of crescent roll.
- Pour sausage gravy onto the crescent sheet and spread to cover.
- Top with flaky biscuit dough, spaced evenly on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees until biscuits are golden brown on top.
Don't forget to grease the bottom of the baking dish and spread out the crescent rolls on the bottom of the dish. Don't separate the crescent dough!
Gotta love some Biscuits & Gravy - especially this easy version from @flchefnicole! #gottatryit bit.ly/12pK7Um
— Pillsbury (@Pillsbury) May 13, 2013