This is the perfect hearty dish for a cold winter night!
I saw a version of this recipe a while back on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on Food Network. I thought it sounded like an interesting combination but quickly forgot about it. Then the other night I was searching through my refrigerator and pantry, trying to put together a quick meal for my husband and I and after finding a head of cabbage and a Cajun pork steak in my empty fridge (pretty much all we had in the fridge when we got back from Christmas vacation besides some condiments!) along with some egg noodles and an onion in my pantry, I decided why not give cabbage and noodles a try!
….Ya know what? It was dang good!
|This recipe was my #9 most popular recipe in 2013! View the Top 10 here|
- Add olive oil to a large deep skillet and add pork steak.
- Heat over medium, turning once, until cooked through then remove to a paper towel lined plate and drain.
- Cut into cubes and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp butter, diced onion, and cabbage to skillet.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook until cooked down and softened about 10 minutes.
- While the cabbage is cooking bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package.
- Drain noodles and mix into the cabbage mixture along with remaining 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add pork and toss to combine and heat through.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
I like using No Yolks Egg Noodles for this recipe.
While the cabbage is cooking bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package.
Add pork and toss to combine and heat through.
This comforting meal feeds a lot and is delicious as leftovers too.
Be sure to check out my live cooking video on Facebook here.