Who doesn't love Chicken Parmesan~ the ultimate comforting dish of breaded chicken, tomato sauce and cheese. I've added one more tasty ingredient: Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme! This is the dish to make when you need to lay on some charm and impress your dinner guests!
(makes 4-6 servings)
- 5 ounces Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 8-10)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces jar of tomato pasta sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese (I like 6 cheese Italian)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook according to package, about 10-12 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While pasta cooks, place beaten eggs in a bowl, flour in a bowl, and panko bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Dip chicken in egg mix, then flour, then egg again, and then panko. Repeat with all chicken.
- Lay chicken in the hot skillet, working in batches of 4-5 at a times.
- Brown both sides of chicken then remove to a plate. You do not need to cook through.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet when cooking the second batch of chicken.
- Pour tomato sauce in a 9 X 13 baking dish and spread so it covers the bottom.
- Mix in cooking creme until smooth.
- Add pasta and spread so it covers the pan.
- Add chicken tenders on top of pasta.
- Top with shredded cheese all over chicken.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes then drain in a colander.
(Even better if you have a sweet husband like me to help you cook!)
My baby girl Ava sat in her highchair
(and chewed on her tag blanket!) like a big girl while we cooked.
Set up a breading station for the chicken: beaten eggs, seasoned panko breadcrumbs, and flour.
First dip the chicken in the egg. Then lightly in the flour and sake off excess. Then back into egg.
Let egg mix drip off some so it's not heavy then finally roll in panko and place on a plate.
Now your chicken is ready to cook!
Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty! Breading chicken isn't as intimidating as it may look. But here's a tip: Use one hand as your "wet" hand to dip the chicken in your egg and flour mix then your other hand as the "dry" hand to dip in the panko. This way you won't have one hand that is messy and crusted with everything!
Brown the breaded chicken on both sides (but don't cook through)
then move to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Pour a jar of tomato pasta sauce (any flavor) in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish.
Then mix in half a container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme in Italian Herb flavor.
Here's my secret ingredient: Philadelphia Cooking Creme! Find it in the cream cheese section.
If you can't find it us a cream cheese spread and mix with Italian seasoning and/or fresh herbs
Doesn't this look delicious already?! Creamy, cheesy pasta goodness!
Now lay the breaded chicken strips in two rows on top of the pasta
in the baking dish.
Sprinkle with shredded Italian mix cheese and bake for 20 minutes for until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
Here it is, all bubbly and gooey: Lay on the Charm Chicken Parm! Serve this at your next dinner party and you'll impress even your toughest critics!
Check out my Chicken Parm cooking video below:
Pin It Now!